Installation of OpenJML is simple:
- Download the current release (in the 16.* or higher series, not the 8.* series) from here.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip file
- The contents of the .zip file (e.g., the
openjmlexecutable) should be in a clean directory, though the location and name of the directory are up to the user (though spaces in the folder name or path are not permitted).
- The executable is the script named
openjmlin the top-level of the installation. Do not move or rename this file, but you may make a link to the file or place it on your system PATH.
- On a mac you may need to run
mac-setupto enable permissions for the downloaded executables. You may also need to install
realpath(for example, using
brew install coreutils), so that symbolic links can be resolved (you only need this if you make a symbolic link to openjml or other executables in the installation.)
- OpenJML is a modified version of the OpenJDK
javac. It is a standalone, encapsulated executable; no installation of Java is needed to run it.
You can check that the installation is working by running
Instructions on running
openjml and executing the tutorial examples are